Valentine’s Day in Denver
While it might be too late to make reservations at Denver’s top restaurants for Valentine’s Day, check out our Denver movers’ ideas for great places to grab a drink, catch a great view of the city, and enjoy your special somebody on Valentine’s Day in Denver.
Valentine’s Day in Denver: Romantic Bars
Maybe you’ve decided to make dinner for your sweetheart at home, but after eating the two of you would like to go out and get a drink. As one of the oldest moving companies in Denver, we’ve had a long time to discover the best bars that Denver has to offer. Check out our choices below!
- The Cruise Room: The Cruise Room is one of Denver’s oldest and most interesting bars. Known for its martinis, this art-deco bar, located inside the Oxford Hotel, has been relatively untouched since it opened in 1933. The frescos are stunning, and the drinks are great!
- The Irish Snug: Not only is the Irish Snug a fun Denver bar to hang out at with your friends, but it can also be a great place to go on a date. If you can secure one of the ‘snugs,’ then you and your date get your very own little room, with direct access to the bartender!
- Potager: Getting a table at Potager requires you to be there right when they open, but there’s a chance that you can secure a spot at their bar. Potager has been around for about fifteen years, has an excellent wine selection, a romantic setting, and incredible dishes and desserts.
Valentine’s Day in Denver: Best Views of Denver
We love the Denver skyline, especially at night. Check out our choices for the best views of Denver and the Denver skyline. Since it’s February, and will probably be cold outside, we’ll only mention great views that are enclosed, so you and Valentine can stay warm!
- Hotel VQ Bar: Denver’s Hotel VQ, formerly the Red Lion, boasts one of the best views of the Denver skyline from its top-floor bar. Though the bar itself has a sports theme (and your date might not like that on Valentine’s Day!) we highly recommend going there for the view.
- Peak’s Lounge at the Downtown Hyatt: This (enclosed) rooftop bar has stunning views of the city, and this Valentine’s Day Peak’s Lounge is offering a chocolate and wine pairing, from February 10 through 14.
- Linger: Denver’s hot new bar and restaurant, Linger, offers great views of the city. While the bar and restaurant are both usually packed, if you can squeeze in for a drink you’ll be duly impressed by the view. Located in the old Olinger Mortuary space, Linger is hip, tasty, and impressive.
Even if you can’t get a dinner reservation for Valentine’s Day, hopefully this list will help you pick a fun Denver spot to hang out at with your special somebody on February 14th!